Thursday, August 22, 2013

Julep Maven Subscription Box: August 2013

So, I'm starting to get a *little* addicted to this monthly subscription box thing...

It totally reminds me of those grab bags at the dollar store when I was way little, that you purchased and then dug through to see what goodies you received. This however is a whole other ball game. Subscription boxes range from Makeup, beauty, children, clothing, food, household goods, and beyond! I've started light and after much research (and you tube watching). Settled on a few subscription boxes to try and review for your reading pleasure!

I'm sure I will love some, and hate some, but the excitement of getting a package in the mail might be totally worth it for me (and for my little one).

This post is to review my first Julep Maven box.
Julep is a monthly nail polish (and beauty product) subscription box. The thing that is neat about this subscription particularly is that you get to choose each month which theme you want. There are different "styles" and each month they release what is included in each style. Just select the box you want, and it will be shipped!

Another GREAT thing about thing box is you can skip months (if you feel none of the styles are for you), and you can earn rewards to get boxes for free. So if I feel like I have my nail polish fill, I can skip 1, or 2, or however many months I want.

The cost of this subscription is $19.99 a month, BUT you can get one month FREE with code FREEBOX (just pay shipping of (i think)$4.99). I just did this to check out the subscription, but instead of paying the $4.99 shipping I added $10 of add ons (2 polishes) and received free shipping. So I ended up getting (in the "it girl" box) 5 polishes for $10. These polishes retail for $12, so I considered this a great deal.
Here is what I received in my first box:
 I used the fuchsia color first. I only did 1 coat (before my daughter started screaming "me too" "me too!") The coverage was great, and it went on SO smooth. I didn't even have to do a second coat. (time saver!)

Fortunately Julep polishes are “4-free” meaning they do not contain formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, toluene, or DBP. I feel safe putting them on my (or my daughters) nails.



To sign up for your first month free click the following link: Julep Subscription- 1st month free
(use code FREEBOX)


Disclaimer: the link is a referral link, which gives me credit towards 1/2 a months box for everyone that signs up using the link. I did not receive any payment for posting this review, and all comments are my own.
 

No comments:

Blog Design by Caked Designs