Wednesday, June 29, 2011

32 Weeks

I feel like I’m in the home stretch, but with 8 weeks left there still seems to be so much to do! We finished painting the nursery and have put up the chair rail. I’ve picked out the curtain rods and put up the curtains, labeled the closet organizers, and started washing the loads of baby clothes and blankets. Is this really happening? We are almost there!

The furniture we ordered gets picked up on Saturday. I’m excited to see the room finished, and can’t wait to post some pictures. I can feel myself start to slow down, and the pain in my lower legs, thighs, abdomen, and back are getting pretty bad, especially before bed, in the middle of the night, and in the morning. Sometimes I have to think for a minute on if I can actually get out of bed, or if I should just not even try to get up.

With the 4th of July holiday around the corner, I will have an extra day to relax and spend time with friends (which I am very much looking forward to). The weather hasn’t been too hot, which has been a blessing, but I know there are plenty of hot days coming up.

I’m definitely getting comments as I am out and about in public, so I’m trying to manage that attention well. Mostly, it’s just people asking when I’m due, or what I’m having. The worst is when people ask Ian or I what we are naming the child, and we say we have a name but are not telling anyone, they seem to be offended, or think we are odd for not sharing the name with them since we won’t see them again. So, now we just tell strangers that we haven’t fully decided yet. I guess that is a lie, but it’s only so they don’t get upset!

Weeks: 32 weeks
Weight Gain: 19 lbs (do you think I can stay under 30 for this pregnancy?)
Belly: 39 inches as of a couple days ago. Definitely been a growth spurt over the past few weeks.
Sleep: Sleep has been alright with only 1 bathroom break required in the middle of the night (around 4am), but I still wake up a couple of other times to turn over, or flex out some pain in my legs.
Food Cravings: Vegetables, and Dairy products
Food Aversions: tomatoes
Movement: It seems like all of the time now! I felt baby girl stretch for the first time about a week and a half ago. I felt her jab both ends of my stomach, it was crazy. And, yesterday I actually saw her foot poke through the side of my stomach. I lightly grabbed at it with my fingers, and she pulled it away, and kicked it back. It seems so surreal!
Symptoms: Back pain, leg pain, exhaustion. Hard to get up once I’ve sat down on the floor. Pretty much just physical symptoms like that. Not headaches, or nausea, etc.
Belly Button in or out: still in, I can see the inside of my belly button, but it hasn’t popped out. I don’t think it will.
What I miss: Coffee! Especially when the exhaustion hits.
Best moment this week: Seeing the painted nursery with curtains, and feeling my baby’s foot for the first time. (although kind of odd and creepy).
Weekly Wisdom: If people offer to help, definitely take them up on their offer. My mom visited this week, and she asked if there was anything she could do, and I told her that I was having trouble getting the bathroom and shower clean, and told her I really wanted to get it super clean, and do a whole scrub down. Then, while I was at work she cleaned my bathroom AND my kitchen. It was such a great help, now I just need to keep it clean until the baby comes!
What I’m looking forward to: Picking up our furniture on Saturday and getting it situated in the room.





No comments:

Blog Design by Caked Designs