Wednesday, June 1, 2011

28 weeks

28 weeks down, 12 to go! This pregnancy has FLOWN by. It's been a while since I've posted an update. Ian and I have been busy squeezing in some vacations especially since my doctor doesn't really want me to fly after 32 weeks. Ian and I spent a week at the beach in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. Also, we just returned from a 4 day babymoon to Niagara Falls, Canada. Vacation was great, but we are back to reality, and this baby will be in in a few months! It's time to crack down and get the office turned into the nursery by painting the room, and scheduling our furniture pick up!

My pregnancy has been pretty easy thus far. I've been walking a lot this month (since we've been on vacation) and after a mile or so, I can feel baby girl weighing down onto my pelvis. It's pretty uncomfortable, and I have to take A LOT of breaks, but Ian has been patient.

So I made a last minute purchase the other week. We bought a back up stroller. Our main stroller (a Baby Jogger City Select) we received as a gift from my parents. I LOVE the city select stroller, and it will be useful whenever we have baby #2, since it can turn into a dual stroller.




Our backup stroller is a Quinny Bee. Aparently it's a "push-chair" and not a stroller. I think it's wonderful. :) It will pretty much live at Ian's mothers house so she can use it when the baby is over there. We'll also take this one on vacation with us. (If we ever get to go on a vacation again!)




Weeks: 28 weeks
Weight Gain: 17 lbs (agh!)
Belly: 37 inches (I think...)
Sleep: Found my best sleep position, finally! However, it takes a while to fall asleep because baby girl likes to move a lot in the evening, and starts back up around 5:30. Is this foreshadowing for the future?
Food Cravings: Fruit, Nutella, and PB&J sandwhiches
Food Aversions: Salad
Movement: Whenever I'm still or lying down, baby girl likes to have a dance party. When I'm walking or moving around, the motion must put her to sleep, because she's pretty still!
Symptoms: muscle cramps in my legs in the middle of the night. Apparently this is common in pregnancy. 3 weeks ago I woke up at 6am with the WORST charlie horse ever. I screamed out in pain, and poor Ian lept out of bed, massaged my leg for like 30 minutes, crammed a banana into my mouth, and put a bag of frozen potatoes on my calf. What a good husband. :)
Belly Button: still in, but barely. Is it going to pop?!? I hope not...but it's starting to hurt a little.
What I miss: espresso, sushi, and wine!
Best moment this week: Our babymoon in Niagara Falls was definitely the highlight.
Weekly Wisdom: Take time before your baby comes to really spend time with your significant other. Things will change in a few months, but I'll know we'll be 100% prepared.
What I’m looking forward to: Picking out paint and painting the nursery!! (will be happening in the next 2 weeks!)

No comments:

Blog Design by Caked Designs