Wednesday, July 13, 2011

34 weeks

Less than 6 weeks left! I will be a mom next month! (hopefully, unless baby girl is over a week late!) This week I was in line at Kroger waiting for the movie rental when a woman walks by and goes "geeze, when are you due?" so I told her "oh, like 5 more weeks" (okay so I lied a little...... she had this look on her face like I was huge.) She responds "well you look it! you look like you can pop any day!" I was kind of caught off guard, figuring I'd only gained about 20 lbs, and I've been told I don't look very pregnant except for my belly. Oh well! Either I was having a rough day that day, and my outfit wasn't very forgiving, or this lady has never seen a pregnant person before!

One thing I notice more now that I'm far along, are things that are getting more difficult. For example, washing my face. I'm short, and my bathroom counters are tall. So, my belly hits againsts the counter. Well, now I'm so big that I can't get close enough to the counter to bend over and wash my face without getting water all over the floor.... sigh.... I guess it could be worse right?


Weeks: 34 weeks
Weight Gain: 23 lbs
Belly: 39 inches still.
Sleep: Sleep has been hard. There are nights where I can't sleep for more than 2 hours. Once,I woke up at 2am, and couldn't get back to sleep until 4am. Ian said he woke up at 3 in the morning to see me sitting up in the bed eating goldfish crackers, and playing on my iphone. Yup, that was me.
Food Cravings: Hot Dogs
Food Aversions: Pizza (which I loved a few months ago)
Movement: Pretty much all of the time. Especially after eating or drinking. I can see what looks to be like her rolling over. She also loves classical music, she goes crazy when I put the music from my ipod on and onto my stomach. But then she is quiet. I think she moves to get close to the sound, and then she falls asleep. What a precious baby!
Symptoms: Insomnia, and feeling like I need to pee every hour! (It is seriously getting old)
Belly Button in or out: still in.
What I miss: Coffee. Especially something really deep/dark, like an espresso! mmm
Best moment this week: Maternity Pictures with Dave Marks Photography. Macee took our pictures on Sunday and we already have proofs. They look AMAZING. She did such a great job!
Weekly Wisdom: You can never tell your husband you love and appreciate him too much. I catch myself telling Ian more and more that I appreciate how much he helps around the house, gets stuff for me so I don't have to walk all the way up or down the stairs. He's taking such good care of me, and I try and tell him all of the time. Sometimes there are people in our lives that go above and beyond to take care of us. Don't forget to just simply say "I appreciate you" or "I love you." It will go a long way!
What I’m looking forward to: My Northern Virginia shower on Saturday! I get to see a lot of people I haven't seen in a long time!

I leave you with a sneak pic of some of my maternity pictures by Dave Marks Photography (www.dmfoto.com) Macee took my pictures, and there were so many amazing shots. Here are a few.




No comments:

Blog Design by Caked Designs