Wednesday, August 6, 2014

We all are working mothers

You've heard the term used over and over.. "Working mom" there is even a magazine devoted to it (great magazine by the way) and by definition we assume it is a female who is a mom, who has a job or a career. People call me that all the time, but recently when I talk about my experiences with my job, I do NOT refer to myself as a working mom, I tend to use the phrase "as a mom who works out of the home."

Yes, it's a mouthful, but look, I do not consider a mom who chooses to stay home with her child as someone who doesn't work. Heck that mom probably has many days where she works so hard you don't see a difference between the work of career and of keeping things together at home.

Here's to all the moms! We are ALL working mothers, and whether we work outside our home, or work alongside our little ones, we all deserve a bonus, a pat on the back, or just a sweet hug from our precious little ones. Yes, I'll take that hug over a pat on the back any day!


No comments:

Blog Design by Caked Designs