Tuesday, December 6, 2011

To poop or not to poop....

So I never thought I’d be so verbal about poop or talking about poop. But, as a mom, that 4 letter word is FREQUENT in your vocabulary. From the moment your child is born, they tell you to track your baby’s poop; the number of times a day, the color, texture, odor. It’s insane how much more you can tolerate once you have a kid. They literally gave us a picture chart of different types of poop. We’d match it up and log it in our book.


Well, a newborn infant poops constantly the first few months of life (especially a breastfed one). There were times Sophia did close to 10 times a day, so you realize my concern that my daughter (this weekend) has now gone over 48 hours without pooping!

Any moment…I’m sitting here waiting…and thank God for the internet. I google the craziest things (I only wish that I can go back and review everything I’ve googled since she was born) but yes I googled “My 4 month old hasn’t pooped in 2 days” and I got hits! It seems that as a mother, no matter what you are thinking, someone else has asked that same question.



It’s nice to know we are not alone fellow mommies! Let’s just hope I’m not alone when her no poop streak ends……

No comments:

Blog Design by Caked Designs